Monday, August 22, 2011

Dear Deployment - - - -

Dear Deployment,

  You have spent more time with my soldier than I have now. It is time that you realize that our soldiers have families as well. I understand that it is an important job they do. I also understand that their families are important too. I am not asking for much, just a little more time with my hero before you send him once again to play in the sandbox.

Mr. President,

  You send our men and women to fight this fight. Have you ever stopped to wonder what it is like for the loved ones of those serving our great country? Have you ever wondered how their families feel having to let go, never knowing if they will ever have the chance to see their loved soldier again? Well, I can tell you now from experience, it sucks. Not knowing if the man I love will ever come home again is more painful than most can imagine. How do you fit a lifetime of marriage and happiness in just a few short weeks?
Let me tell you this, you can't.

I was never one to think too much about how the families must feel. To those that I never had thought about, I'm sorry. Your sacrifice is a tremendous one. One no one should have to endure.   Our loving soldiers go off to fight for us, for our freedoms, for our country. Their loved ones are left behind to live life, raise kids, keep house. As a new Army fiancee`, I have asked myself many times if I can ever be ready for that sacrifice. I can't say that I am okay with this deployment, but I can say that I will stand tall along side my hero as he heads off to fight this war.



My Dearest Sweet Jon,

  Saying that my heart is full of pride would be a misstatement. There is so much more to it than that. Knowing that you put your own life on the line for all of our freedoms is two fold. First, it's heartbreaking that you would take that risk on yourself. But at the same time, it is so very heartwarming that you stand so tall for something that we all take for granted. Each day in this country, people, me included, take so many things for granted. We have so many things we should be grateful for. Just being free to sit here and write this blog post, I owe that to every single man and woman that puts their lives on the line.

I love you my dear Jon. I can not wait for the day you walk off that plane and back into my arms. Until then, I will cherish every second that I have before you leave. I will wait as patiently as I can while you are away working. I will be there to greet your plane as soon as we are allowed. Until the day you are once again home safe and sound, the girls and I will be here waiting for your calls. We love you. I love you.

Stay well my love.

Betty

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a good wife to my son. I do hope that we can make this short time that he is gone not so sad or long. I hope that we can make it enjoyable so that the girls won't miss him so much and you won't have enough time to miss hime either.
I do love having you and the girls here because that will help me to be able to forget the time so much.
If you ever need to get away and I am there for you to do so just say the word and we will go.

Post a Comment