Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tuesday Dec. 27th, 2011

Well, how was your Christmas? Ours turned out to be awesome! My sweet Jon was so excited about what we had gotten the girls, that he couldn't wait to see their faces light up. He had me wake them at 4:30 AM our time, so that he was able to be on Skype watching them unwrap their gifts. Three sleepy young ladies all just wanting to crawl back into bed, didn't make for shinning faces. It was almost a let down at the time. That is until they woke back up later in the day and it hit them just what their dad had done for them.

Jon had planned for months what he wanted their gift from him to be. He got each of them a new laptop! They had never had their own before. They had been using their grandma's laptops. Now they don't have too. They also received a digital camera from me for each of them. Now they don't have to play with grandma's really expensive camera anymore. Along with laptops and cameras they each got new headphones with mic so that they can Skype  with their dad and listen to music without interfering with the others. They each got a new mouse for their laptops.

All in all it was so much fun seeing their reactions after they woke up later in the day. My gift this year? Being able to have Jon here with us; even if it was via Skype. We talked for hours after the girls went back to bed. I finally went to bed after 8 AM Christmas morning. I didn't care, I wasn't sleepy I wanted to spend as much time as I could talking with Jon. Having him watching the girls unwrap their gifts almost felt like he was home.

That was the BEST gift he could have given me.I will never forget this Christmas. Who needs expensive or for that matter inexpensive material things? Not me, just give me my family all around me and I am one very happy lady. There aren't many Christmas's left that the kids will all be at home together with me at the same time. Before long they will be grown and have more important things to do than spend it with mom. I cherish all these little times we get to have together.

I'm looking forward to next Christmas when Jon will be back home, and by my side as our girls open their gifts. I will not forget to thank my lucky stars that my husband is home safe next year. Every day I'll have with him and the girls together will be my miracle.

Jon love,

Thank you for spending our Christmas morning with us. It meant the world to me to have you able to see the girls opening their gifts. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to watch the girls opening their Christmas gifts, out of your busy day. I love you so much for spending a few hours with me; it made my day so much brighter. It's all those small things that you do, that make me so very proud of you. I know it was hard on you watching the girls Christmas morning. I know it was hard not being able to be here in person.You have no idea how much that meant to me and the girls that you did that for them and me.

You still continue to amaze me, I appreciate the man that you are. I love the man that you continue to show me that you are. I admire that about you, you have a way of always putting us first and making sure we know that we matter to you. I'm so very proud of you love.

I love you

Until later love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment