Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday Dec.7th, 2011

I am so very excited! We had our first donation a few days ago over at Operation We Send Love. To know that we are on the right path of being able to not only shine a little brighter light for our troops, but also to show their children that they haven't been forgotten is an amazing feeling. Our troops deserve to have our respect, admiration, and our love and support. I feel like part of showing them respect is o help make their children's lives a little less lonesome.

So as you can see, I have been busy trying to stay busy. I can't sit around here and feel sorry for myself forever. It took a sweet woman to point out that I can't lose myself because my husband is overseas. If anything I have to step up and show him that I can make it without him needing to worry about me. So that is why for the last week I have been working so hard to make OWSL a reality.

The last thing I want Jon worrying about while he is overseas is me. To a degree I know he will always worry; I just prefer him not to have any more worry put on him. Jon is a wonderful man, and he is very good at what he does. He has been doing his job for many years now. He always has shown time and again that he is just as bad as me; he is a worrier. If I can take his mind off of the worry even just a little; then he can concentrate on his job better.

Our girls and I are doing okay. We miss him terribly, we can't wait for the day he comes home again. We aren't just sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves anymore. It's time that I got active doing something. In January I am joining our local health club. I have a few too many pounds that I want to be able to shed once and for all. I would like to have that accomplished before Jon gets home. I know I can with hard work and determination.

I plan to look much different for our homecoming next year. At least feel different for myself. I know Jon loves me no matter what. I can't wait to see his face when I am twenty pounds light though.

Well enough rambling for tonight.

Peace everyone,

Betty

0 comments:

Post a Comment