Monday, October 3, 2011

Sunday Oct 2nd, 2011

Sorry for the late post tonight. I have spent the entire evening on Skype. I have been having the best time being able to see Jon the last few days. Starting tomorrow I won't be able to even Skype with him as he will be spending 14 to 16 hours in drills. So I have been trying to spend as much time with him as I can.

Anxiousness is setting in.The trip is coming soon (not soon enough) my time with Jon is fast approaching. Although it will never get here soon enough for me. Deployment day also is getting here too fast.That scares me more every day, the last few days I have been able to let some of that worry subside somewhat.

Don't take that wrong, he is still going to be in a very dangerous place. His life is still going to be on the line. I worry all the time that he may not be able to come home to see his babies. That is a hard pill to swallow. What would I ever tell the twins? I don't know.

I'm trying my best not to dwell on the down side of this war. I try my best to remember that this is his job. He is just heading off to work. That works some days yet not others. Yesterday and today it worked somewhat.

I guess I will always worry until the day he is home. It has to get better sometime right? Hopefully it will. I look for worse before then though. I guess you could say I always look for the worst, at least if I look for it I can somewhat prepare myself for it just in case. then if the worst doesn't happen well, I worried for nothing.

Jon,

I love you with all my soul. You are my husband. The man I fell in love with and the one I will spend the rest of my life loving. My life is so much fuller for having met you. I am so lucky that you fell in love with me. I never forget that.

I love you,

Betty

0 comments:

Post a Comment