Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Oct. 11th, 2011

For the last three days I have been sitting back reading the girls' blogs. Each time I sit back to read any of their blogs, I end up in tears. They just have a way of writing that really pulls a reader into the post. Our little Rose (who isn't so little anymore) has a way with words that not many authors have. I'm not the only sappy one around here. Her dad gets all teary eyed, her grandma does.

Lea is getting better at writing as well. I love the fact that she is at least trying her best to post everyday. That is more than I ever thought she would do. I'm just proud that she is at least trying.

My little Boo, is doing really well at learning how to type. This is her first year with using the keyboard on a computer. She's doing good so far except for the whole spelling thing.

Today was one of the rougher days. I spent about an hour and a half at our lake. That lake seems like it has magical powers. I can be in the worst depressed mood ever, go to the lake and in no time at all I am in a better mood. It's beautiful out there, quiet. It's also the first place that Jon and I ever went together. With Jon being gone sitting out at the lake helps me feel a little closer to him. In this time of deployment being close in the small ways are all that we have.

I love just sitting out at the lake or even the park where we first met. I can think back to that time, a time before the Army changed my life. I can think about a short amount of time that Jon and I really got to know one another. In the age of electronics we didn't meet online, we didn't only get to know each other through emails. We really sat and talked to one another face to face.

That is something about really getting to know someone because you have a lot of things in common. We learned from the first night that we have a lot in common. Having that chance to get to know him as well as we did that first few days, that is what made me know that  I really have a deep connection with Jon. We just agree on so many life decisions about quite a few things. It's nice to not always be arguing over the simple things in life anymore.

I have done more than my fair share of arguing for no reason. When you aren't in love with the person you are with, there turns out to be more arguments. Arguments happen when one or the other or both aren't happy in their relationships. Until Jon and I met, I can honestly say, I was not happy. Now days since meeting Jon, I feel happier than I have ever felt.

Now I don't mean that as I have never been in love. I was, ONCE. It wasn't where I was supposed to be, if it had been I would have still been there. That is neither here nor there though. I know without a doubt that this is where I am meant to be. Here with Jon, in his arms and by his side is where I will always be. I love being here with the man that I know for a fact was chosen for me long before I ever met him. In that I have no doubt.


Jon,

Being with you has made me the happiest woman in the world. There is nowhere in this world that I would rather be. You have touched my life in a way that no one else ever has. You have given me reason to wake up every day. You have given me so much to look forward to.

You have shown the girls what a family is supposed to be. They never had that from anyone but me. You gave us all hope for the future. Hell you gave me my future when you gave us the lives of these twins. I love you so very much.

Betty

0 comments:

Post a Comment