Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday Oct. 4th, 2011

Our loving little bundles of joy got off the throw-up button, now have found the hunger and potty buttons. Between running to the restroom every fifteen minutes and eating everything in sight, my days are full of babies!

Dinner tonight was a sight no one needed to witness. I ate a pound of sausage, two eggs, a biscuit, sausage gravy, two slices of bacon. Yes, I was hungry. I never get hungry, before babies I ate every two or three days. Now days it seems like that's all I do is eat. That's not a complaint at all, I'm happy to eat and gain weight as long as that means the babies will be healthy.

A few years ago, I was pretty over-weight. I weighed in at just over 200 pounds. I finally started getting a little self esteem back and started walking every day. I walked between five and ten miles a day. I lost 97 pounds in two years. I worked my butt off. I have never been happier with myself than I have been since losing that weight.

I feel better (most days) health wise and mentally as well. You don't realize just how badly you feel when you are carrying so much extra weight. My doctor wants me to gain 50 to 60 pounds. I am not sure about the amount he wants but I have no problem gaining 20 or 25 pounds. If I have to gain 50 or more, that just means a lot of walking after they are born.

The twins will be born via c-section. During the operation they will also be doing a procedure to prevent further pregnancies. Which will make walking a little more uncomfortable for the first few weeks.

On another note, I am starting my book back up tonight. I have five books in the works, and have put off working on them for months now. It's time that I get back in the swing of things. Which means a strict working environment and strict schedule of 5,000 words or more per day. My books need to be about 75,000 words when they hit the publishers hands. That way during editing things can be cut that need to be.

I'm working on getting one book ( a short story) printed soon. I can't wait to see my name in print on a book! I am so excited about that.

Jon,

Thank you for standing next to me when it comes to my writing. You fill me with encouraging words that are just what I needed to begin my work again. Thank you for your patience with me as I work on my blog posts while we sat and talked tonight. I know it is annoying when the person you are trying to talk to is paying attention to something else. I'm sorry I wasn't trying to ignore you at all. When the mood hits me to write I have found that I have to do so right then or I won't do it at all.

I love you and appreciate your understanding.

Betty

0 comments:

Post a Comment