Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday Oct. 13th, 2011








Although at times I probably seem like all I do is put the Army down, that isn't what I intend to do at all. I understand the need of the US to have a military. I am proud of the men and women that serve this country. They each do what they do, I give them credit for that. They do something I would never be able to do. I respect that and I admire that.

So though it may seem like I am putting the military down, I am not. I do however disagree with how our government handles our service men and women. Our service people deserve only the best. At most our government offers them substandard. Our equipment is top notch, our troops are trained very well. However how the government treats our troops after they are home is a different story.

Each service member has given a great deal to protect our country. They should without any hesitation be treated so much better than they are for it. Our troops deserve the best medical care for life. They deserve the government that they protect to stand up for them. The government should make sure our troops current and retired have everything they need to continue to live well in the country they defend.

I worry that our troops are coming home with nothing to show for their bravery. I wish there was something we could all do to pitch in and make sure the troops are not coming home to nothing.

I've been thinking about this all day. I ended up more than a little depressed over the situation. So I thought why isn't more being done to help our troops. I'm going to think on this some more and see if I can't come up with some ideas. You never know what one person can figure out to do to help.


Jon my love,

I know I was quiet on the phone today. I have so many things floating around my mind. Tomorrow is a busy day for me too. Today is just a gloomy day. Cold and rainy makes Betty feel blah. It wasn't because of you or what you were doing while on the phone. I know you were working love. It was fine. I just feel down today. I really wish it were summer, at least then I could sit at our spot and feel closer to you. Last night it felt so good to see you on Skype. I miss that, just being able to see you smile. I love you so very much love.I really really do. I can't wait to be back in your arms again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment